Term 2

Stardome Observatory and Planetarium
On Monday 4th July the Kawau team went to Stardome. We learnt lots about the Solar System. We learnt how the moon rotates, the milky way, the distance between each of the planets ad many more. 

Visiting the chicks
On Tuesday we went to Room 23 to visit the chicks that hatched. There were 5 baby chicks. There names were KFC, Chicken Nugget, Lucky, Fluffy, Spotty and Black. There were two black ones, three blonde one and one brown one. We thought they looked so cute and cuddly. We wrote stories about them. Come and read all about it in our writing wall. 
The chicks kept warm under a light.
We watched the chicks moved from one side of the box to another. We think they really liked us. 
The two black chicks we thought they were twins. 
They did poos in the cage and they also step onto their own poos. Yuck
We asked a lot of questions. Such as: where did the eggs come from? How do you know there were babies inside the eggs? What do they eat? How long did it took them to hatch? How come some are black and some are blonde?
Keeping Ourselves safe
For the last to weeks we have been learning about how to keep ourselves safe. We learnt about ourselves and what makes us special. We talked about different types of feelings. what makes us happy and what makes us sad. Today we had Constable Wansank in our class teaching us about the different types of "Touch". They were touch we like, touch that hurts and confusing touch. We learnt how to say no to touch that we DON"T like. 

Ice skating
This afternoon we had ice skating. Some of us found it really hard to keep skating without falling down but some of us found it easy. We all enjoyed it, it was so much fun. There will be some sore bottoms tonight from falling down some many times like 10 times. (Ouch)

Junior Cross Country
We were very lucky to have such a beautiful sunny day for our Cross Country. It was great to see so many parents turned up to cheer us on. We all did our very best to complete the 3 laps. Some of us thought it was very long but fun at the same time. 

St Johns
On Friday we had Mac from St Johns talked and showed us what to do in case of an emergency. These are the steps we had to follow...

1. call 111 like this (one-go-one-go-one-go) don't push the numbers too fast
  2. say your name and address (including number of the letter box, name of the street, area and phone number) 
  3. Say what happened? 
We all took turns to practise doing it.

Then we practised putting compression on a very deep cut. Some of us found it very tricky to badge the hand tightly but we have fun doing it. 

Making Badges to promote road safety

This is the machine we used to make the badges. 
It was fun designing the badge. My message is "Look out for cars"
Use the zebra lines when crossing the road and always cross the road with an adult. -Neve

When you are in the car always put your seat belt on and make sure it clicks.-Lucy

Be safe on the road. Always look left and right before crossing.-Sophie

Science in a Van
This morning we had Science in a Van at our school. It was amazing watching Allan and Emily made bubbles. They made big and small bubbles and bubbles inside a big bubble. 

Rhythm interactive
Today we had an amazing experience learning how to play the drum. The song was beautiful and the drumming was so cool. We had so much fun.

Student teacher
We are very lucky to have Miss Heywood in our class doing her first practicum. She is here for this week then come back again in term 3 for 3 weeks. We hope she will enjoy her time with us. 

Play by the Christopher Robins group
Today Christopher Robins group performed a play. We all though they did really well with humour, speaking and acting. We all enjoyed watching them. 

Cross country training
We have started our cross country training last week. Each morning after the roll call we go out and practise our running. Each day we aim to get better and better and hopefully when the actual day comes we are able to run the whole course without stopping. 

The solar system
Today we watched a you tube clip about the solar system. We learnt lots of facts about each of the planets and how they work in the solar system. 
Here is the link to the clip as well as the solar system song.

Welcome back to Term 2

This term we have an international student joining our class. His name is called Jianchenshi Xu. He will be with us for four weeks. We welcome him to our class and school. 

Kelly sports

Today we had Kelly Sports, we had so much fun doing lots of different activities. We played soccer, hockey, bouncing and tag games.

We were all using our listening skills to listen to Jeremy when he was giving out the instructions. 
Dribbling was fun said Keryn.
It was tricky trying to get the ball into the bucket.

4 comments:

1. I liked the kelly sports my favourite part was the toilet tag :) by Wilco!#$

ReplyDelete
  2. I like being the operator.
    Wrapping the cast was hard but I still enjoyed it.
    Sincerely Wilco $$$

ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are doing lots of really cool stuff at school Rm 21. I liked the look of science in a van! Keep practising hard with your X country :) From Tracey (Wilco's mum)

ReplyDelete
  4. ice skating was really fun I kept falling on my bottom, Olivia

ReplyDelete