Term 3

Speeches
This week the children in room 21 all did their speech. Some children were so nervous and thought they couldn't get through it but with great encouragement everyone got through them. YEAH!!!!!
The finalist from our room were Neve, Sophie, Ryan and Harry. 

This afternoon we had the Kawau team finalist present their speech in front of three judges. The judges were Mrs Hills, Miss Heywood and Charlotte from room 5 (winner of this year's senior speech competition). They all thought the speeches were fantastic and it was a very hard decision to make. 

So the winners of the Kawau team speech competition were...
1st Sophie 
2nd Matthew 
3rd equal were Indi and Nicolo

Turbo Touch
We had a fun session learning some news skills about Turbo touch.The warm up games were fun we really enjoyed it. 
You almost tagged me Bede
WOW!! look at that move from Alfie and great chasing Shaun

Touch down!!! You almost got him Max
"I'm ready to catch the ball" said Naava
Great chasing Ryan!!! 
Now let see which way should I go!!!!
Catch me if you can Robbin 
We are ready to run!!!
Olympic day
Today we had the Olympic day. We were put in country teams. We did six activities, they were jandals throw, beanbags in bucket, Cones with beach ball, cones in pool ring, jumping over classroom stools and basketballs in hoops. We all thought the activities were so cool and we had so much fun. The student leaders did a great job at running these activities for us. 

Multiple Learning Conversations
Thank you to all our wonderful parents who came to our Learning Conversations. we really enjoyed sharing our learning with you and we hope you've enjoyed it as well. We also like to thank you for giving us some great feedback about our learning. 

Hands Alive Puppet Show
Today we watched a puppet show. We learnt that the person who controls the puppet is called the puppeteer. We can make different sounds with our voice while moving the puppet. We looked a lots of different ways to make puppets and some of us even had a go at using them. We are all looking forward to make our own. 

Welcome back to Term 3. We would like to Welcome our international student Robbin Xu from China. He will be here with us until the end of the term. Already we had a very busy week of learning. We started our topic "Puppets" and prepared for the up coming Multiple learning Conversations. We are all looking forward to celebrate our learning. 

Gymnastics
On Wednesday the Kawau team did gymnastics together. We rotated through a range of activities. Some were easy and some were hard but we all had fun doing it.  

3 comments:

1. what fun! i really liked the gymnastics
    from wilco

ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the different puppets. by Neve

ReplyDelete
  3. i enjoyed term 3

ReplyDelete